Speedy, reliable answers to employment standards issues in BC
This publication is essential for: lawyers, employers, and other labour and employment advisors
Current to: June 1, 2021
Employment law issues arise often in your clients' workplace and even in your own. Employment Standards in British Columbia offers you succinct commentary and case annotations to accompany the full text of the Employment Standards Act and Employment Standards Regulation. This resource brings the ever-expanding body of employment standards tribunal and court decisions under control. Annually updated, seasoned practitioners judiciously select and summarize only the most significant new decisions for your review.
With an online subscription to Employment Standards in British Columbia, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- easily find the general principles and leading cases relating to any particular section of the Act
- competently advise your clients as to their employment standards rights or employers' best practices
- keep current with any significant changes or developments in employment standards law
Subscribe today and be current on Employment Standards obligations! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- all legislation and annotations brought current to June 1, 2021
- coverage of recent amendments to the Employment Standards Act, including amendments addressing leaves related to COVID-19
- new annotations covering, among others, the following topics:
- tip pools, as contemplated in s. 30.4 of the Act
- employee status of a new hire prior to their obtaining a certificate necessary to work in the industry
- whether a residence is an office
- s. 8 and post-hiring representations
- implied terms in employments contracts
- trust funds governed by s. 99 of the Act
- extensions of time periods for appeals and reconsiderations
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Employment Standars in British Columbia for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor