Save time and draft wills that your clients can understand
This publication is essential for: anyone looking for BC-specific sample clauses for wills and related personal planning documents
Current to: August 1, 2020
Clients are demanding legal documents they can comprehend, and wills clients are no exception. Immensely popular, Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide is your must-have tool for preparing plain language wills. It is the place to find BC-focused sample clauses for wills, powers of attorney, and other related documents. This guide also includes sample client questionnaires, forms, and letters along with commentary by Peter W. Bogardus, QC, Mary B. Hamilton, QC, and Sadie L. Wetzel explaining the use of clauses and alerting you to relevant law.
With an online subscription to Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and build documents by selecting clauses, saving template documents, and downloading the documents for your file
- draft wills and related documents more quickly and confidently
- fulfill your clients' need for clear understanding of their wills
- become more efficient by spending less time interpreting documents with each client
Subscribe today and draft wills confidently! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- all content brought current to August 1, 2020, capturing August 2020 amendments to the Wills, Estates and Succession Act
- new chapters on pet clauses (chapter 14) and joint ownership clauses (chapter 35)
- new clauses, including those addressing future care of pets and providing funds for ongoing care; simplified provision for income tax elections; electronic signing and witnessing; compensation of corporate trustees; and appointing foreign representatives
- new precedents, including a memorandum of articles for division of household goods, letter of wishes, deeds of gift and confirmation of intention of joint tenancy, declaration of joint tenancy, deed confirming gift of right of survivorship, declaration of joint tenancy, resulting trust, secret inter vivos trust, and memorandum of duties and responsibilities of attorney
- gender-neutral variables in clauses
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor