British Columbia Probate & Estate Administration Practice Manual--ONLINE ONLY
Publications - Online Only
Manage your probate and estate matters with confidence
This publication is essential for: practitioners who do estate administration or estate litigation work
Current to: March 14, 2019
If you work in estate administration, you know there is a high potential for error. Reduce the risk with British Columbia Probate & Estate Practice Manual, which takes you step-by step through handling probate and estate matters in BC. This longstanding manual is the answer to all your probate and estate administration questions, from initial contact with a personal representative to post-grant issues. This manual also covers difficult tax and conflict of laws issues, as well as potential areas for estate litigation.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- confidently advise personal representatives on how to successfully administer an estate
- prepare for and make probate and estate administration applications
- better avoid and handle contentious areas during the estate administration process
But now and master estate planning and administration! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- captures amendments to the Wills, Estates, and Succession Act and Family Law Act (am. 2019-4-6)
- a new chapter featuring constructive and resulting trusts
- new developments regarding the speculation and vacancy tax, additional property transfer tax, the tax on split income, and other tax matters of note to practitioners
- several new or expanded topics; some examples are: exceptions to the TOSI rules (chapter 1); family property on the death of a spouse (chapter 2); citations under Rule 25-11 (chapter 4); bare trust assets (chapter 5); a table matching Latin terms to their corresponding WESA sections (chapters 5 and 6); changes to the Property Transfer Tax Return (chapter 10); presumptions of fact in proof of solemn form actions (chapter 18); and determining spousal status in wills variation claims (chapter 19).
- commentary on over 75 new cases
- updates throughout to incorporate all federal and provincial legislative and regulatory developments since last year’s Update; and all chapters, forms and precedents, checklists, and other features of the manual brought current to March 14, 2019.
This title is also available as a Print and Online package.
CLEBC Legal Editor