Manage your probate and estate matters with confidence
This publication is essential for: practitioners who do estate administration or estate litigation work
Current to: January 15, 2023
If you work in estate administration, you know there is a high potential for error. Reduce the risk with British Columbia Probate & Estate Practice Manual, which takes you step-by step through handling probate and estate matters in BC. This longstanding manual is the answer to all your probate and estate administration questions, from initial contact with a personal representative to post-grant issues. This manual also covers difficult tax and conflict of laws issues, as well as potential areas for estate litigation.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Probate & Estate Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- confidently advise personal representatives on how to successfully administer an estate
- prepare for and make probate and estate administration applications
- better avoid and handle contentious areas during the estate administration process
Buy now and master estate planning and administration! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include the following:
- all chapters, forms and precedents, checklists, and other features of the manual have been brought current to January 15, 2023
- revised chapter structure and cross-referencing to reflect CLEBC's newly published Estate Disputes in British Columbia: A Litigator's Guide, with increased focus in this manual on the executor's perspective at the intersection between estate administration and estate litigation
- coverage of recent amendments to the Supreme Court Civil Rules, probate forms, and the Wills, Estates and Succession Act
- updated figures regarding taxation and probate and court fees
- new and expanded discussion covering, among other topics:
- practice related to describing real estate on reserve in the deceased's inventory of assets and liabilities
- the impact of bilateral and tripartite treaties and agreements on the application of the Indian Act to estate matters and the rights of certain First Nations to legislate with respect to matters that may impact the administration of an estate of a member
- legislative amendments impacting the taxation of trusts, and the inclusion of sections regarding the taxation of gifts of ecologically sensitive land and cultural property, listed securities, and non-qualifying securities
- electronic wills (including additional discussion regarding the provisions permitting electronic witnessing and signing, and the proper procedure for conducting a wills search and revoking electronic wills)
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Probate & Estate Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor