The acquisition precedents you need, from preliminary documentation to closing the deal
This publication is essential for: solicitors acting for purchasers, vendors, or lenders in business acquisitions
Current to: June 15, 2020
Whether your transaction is an asset or share purchase, a business acquisition requires immense amounts of drafting. Save yourself time with Buying and Selling a Business: Annotated Precedents. With hundreds of pages of templates, this resource is annotated with concise commentary and includes sample asset and share purchase agreements, along with precedents for employment, escrow, assignment, and intellectual property contracts. Sample closings agendas and checklists will help keep your deal organized and on track.
With an online subscription to Buying and Selling a Business: Annotated Precedents, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- quickly draft acquisition documents that reflect current law and practice
- thoroughly understand the purpose of individual clauses and how to use them to serve your clients
- properly structure your client's deal and understand the most important negotiating points
Subscribe today and close your next deal more quickly! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- new annotations on the concept of "sandbagging," as well as on the use of market trend surveys in M&A practice to assist in negotiating and drafting certain key—or controversial—terms of purchase and sale agreements
- addition of an annotated "material adverse effect" term, contemplating, among other things, COVID-19
- for share purchases, addition of terms regarding privilege and conflicts where vendor's counsel has acted, pre-closing, for both the vendor and the target company
- revisions to the closing procedures in the precedents for share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, and closing agendas, in order to accommodate electronic closings
- addition of an escrow agreement precedent for a fund of cash, which could be used, for example, for a purchase price holdback or fund for indemnity claims in a business acquisition transaction
- new commentary and sample clauses for earn-outs in purchase and sale agreements
- addition of two new annotated precedents for closing documents in business acquisition transactions: a form of release and a post-closing transitional services agreement
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Buying and Selling a Business: Annotated Precedents for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor