From incorporation to dissolution: Every step of every transaction under the Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
This publication is essential for: lawyers who advise on transactions under the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
Current to: August 15, 2021
The lengthy and complicated requirements of the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act demand a comprehensive resource. British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual is your manual on navigating and keeping your clients compliant with both statutes. Focused on practice and procedure, this resource follows the structure of the Acts and maps out the steps of every transaction from incorporation and meetings to amalgamations and dissolution. For each transaction, you will find commentary, explanations, and leading case law curated by leading BC corporate law practitioners.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- advise your clients on the propriety of their Business Corporations Act and Societies Act transactions and filings
- save time drafting transaction documents with over 125 forms and precedents
- keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate law and procedures
Subscribe today and practise corporate law confidently! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- new commentary on procedures at electronic meetings
- updated discussion on capital set by the directors of a company, as compared to paid-up capital
- new case law and discussion on arrangements
- new precedents for benefits companies, including resolutions for transformation into a benefit company and ceasing to be a benefit company
- new transparency registry questionnaire precedent
- revisions to the securities control agreement precedent
- revisions to the model articles to provide for electronic meetings
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor