From incorporation to dissolution: Every step of every transaction under the Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
This publication is essential for: lawyers who advise on transactions under the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
Current to: August 15, 2023
The lengthy and complicated requirements of the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act demand a comprehensive resource. British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual is your manual on navigating and keeping your clients compliant with both statutes. Focused on practice and procedure, this resource follows the structure of the Acts and maps out the steps of every transaction from incorporation and meetings to amalgamations and dissolution. For each transaction, you will find commentary, explanations, and leading case law curated by leading BC corporate law practitioners.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- advise your clients on the propriety of their Business Corporations Act and Societies Act transactions and filings
- save time drafting transaction documents with over 125 forms and precedents
- keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate law and procedures
Subscribe today and practice corporate law confidently! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- commentary on new (May 2023) process for removing oneself as director of a company
- new forms and precedents for capital alterations: resolutions specifying a special majority and exceptional resolution altering an exceptional resolution provision
- commentary on latest amendments to the Societies Act and updated procedure and recent case law for societies, plus new forms and precedents; registers of members and directors and resolution authorizing dissolution of society by request
- updated guidance from BC Registries and Online Services on electronic filing
- new guidance on termination of shareholders' agreements, shotgun clauses (including Blackmore Management Inc. v. Carmanah Management Corp.), and revised discussion and updated case law on family law issues and shareholders' agreements
- discussion of rectification and the recent Supreme Court of Canada decision Canada (Attorney General) v. Collins Family Trust
- commentary on Bill 20 and the (not yet in force) amended requirements for transparency registers
- new discussion on the effects of legislation such as the Land Owner Transparency Act and Underused Housing Tax Act on capital structure
- new case law and discussion on dispositions of undertaking (including as to dissent rights and to qualitative and quantitative tests), amalgamations and property transfer tax, and arrangements
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor