Get answers to your PPSA questions—from negotiating security to non-compliance
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for practical guidance on personal property secured transactions in BC
Current to: August 15, 2019
Advising clients on secured transactions is complex. The British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual is BC's only practice-oriented resource that takes you through all parts of a secured transaction. The handy "Quick Reference Guide" provides quick guidance on how to deal with common procedural questions. The information in the chapters will assist you in achieving your goal, whether drafting a security agreement, negotiating a priority agreement, or enforcing a security interest.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- better explain to your clients the legal implications of debt-based financing procedures under the PPSA
- check your work against helpful checklists on secured transactions, notice and limitation periods, leases, due diligences, and debtor names
- save drafting time with over 60 forms and precedents for secured transactions
Subscribe today and be PPSA-proficient! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 update include:
- case law and legislation references brought current to August 15, 2019
- in-depth discussion of 2019 amendments to the PPSA, including, among others, the criteria for determining the location of a debtor and the parties entitled to notice of seizure and disposition
- commentary on practice trends relating to the registration of amalgamated entities
- review of Re Weber and the curative provisions of the PPSA
- suggestions for alternative applications for registration of priority/subordination agreements
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor