Get answers to your PPSA questions—from negotiating security to non-compliance
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for practical guidance on personal property secured transactions in BC
Current to: August 1, 2021
Advising clients on secured transactions is complex. The British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual is BC's only practice-oriented resource that takes you through all parts of a secured transaction. The handy "Quick Reference Guide" provides quick guidance on how to deal with common procedural questions. The information in the chapters will assist you in achieving your goal, whether drafting a security agreement, negotiating a priority agreement, or enforcing a security interest.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- better explain to your clients the legal implications of debt-based financing procedures under the PPSA
- check your work against helpful checklists on secured transactions, notice and limitation periods, leases, due diligences, and debtor names
- save drafting time with over 60 forms and precedents for secured transactions
Subscribe today and be PPSA-proficient! View a sample from this book!
The 2021 update to the British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual brings case law and legislation references throughout the Manual up to date to August 1, 2021. The checklists and forms and precedents have also been updated. Highlights include:
- updates to the annotated precedent for a securities control account agreement
- revisions to the guidance on due diligence reflecting amendments to the Medicare Protection Act and the repeal of the National Energy Board Act and its replacement by the Canadian Energy Regulator Act
- the addition of a sample collateral description for a security interest in a vessel (now included with the precedent for a Collateral Marine Agreement)
- clarification on debtor name registration procedures for partnerships and regarding use of punctuation
- updated discussion on the nature of a fixture, including comments on Chemainus Gardens RV Resort v. British Columbia and other new cases
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor