Current to: August 1, 2019
Whether you are already working in or are new to a family law practice, you need a resource to help you manage the many aspects of a family law file—from file organization to document preparation and filing. With the Family Law Deskbook at arm's reach, you have quick and easy access to explanations of why the law firm is organized the way it is, what your role is, how to find information, how to complete documents, and, importantly, how to communicate with clients. Checklists, charts, forms, and sample documents provide you with tools to help you work most efficiently. Succinct and clear explanations of legal concepts help you understand the context of your work in a family law file.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- speedily complete tasks with over 100 precedents unique to family law support staff needs
- verify your work against comprehensive checklists
- find answers to common practice issues quickly
- train new staff with the assistance of a comprehensive resource
- help the firm maintain efficient file management systems
Buy today and provide vital support on family law files to your firm! View a sample from the book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- all legislation current to August 1, 2019
- incorporation of amendments to the Supreme Court Family Rules, the Provincial Court Family Rules, and the Court of Appeal Rules, including amendments to and the addition of prescribed forms under these Rules
- overview of the new Early Resolution and Case Management Model, including a summation of the parties required to participate, the step-by-step process, and exemptions to participation
- introduction to family violence screening, including a discussion of what constitutes family violence and what signs to look for in assessing its presence
CLEBC Legal Editor
Jennifer M. Hicks