What you need to know to practise strata property law with success
This publication is essential for: lawyers who need guidance on advising and acting for clients in the strata property context
Current to: January 1, 2023
BC continues to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, with windups now growing in number. With challenging legislative amendments and an active litigation and administrative law environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is your must-have resource for doing legal work in the strata property context. Focused on the nuances of practice in light of changing authorities, this manual explains requirements for creation, governance, operation, phasing, and winding up of a strata corporation, as well as financing, insurance, collections, rental, employment, human rights, and privacy issues. Relied on and cited by courts and tribunals, the manual offers help for legal professionals grappling with traditional and new venues for resolving strata disputes.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- read a strata plan and understand required land title filings
- work with the distinctions between strata lots, CP, and LCP
- gain confidence in your grasp of how sections operate and the meaning of types
- work effectively with strata bylaws
- advise your strata corporation, strata council and executive, section executive, strata lot owner, tenant, or occupant, strata manager, owner developer, and local government clients on their rights and responsibilities
- save drafting time with over 50 strata property forms and precedents
Subscribe today and be strata-savvy! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- 2022 prohibition on rental restriction bylaws, tenant screening
- 2022 limit on age restriction bylaws to age 55 plus
- 2022 permission for electronic general meetings even absent bylaw
- court decisions ordering amendment of Schedule of Unit Entitlement
- winding up of strata corporation in case of leasehold strata plan
- BCCA on remedial nature of s. 173(2), threshold for obtaining special levy order
- November 2023 increase in required annual contribution to CRF
- whether strata corporation fits into "landlord" definition following 2022 amendment to Residential Tenancy Policy Guideline 27
- chargebacks and BCCA on recovery of expenses
- BCSC on strata corporation's power to protect solicitor-client communications
- bylaws restricting use of a strata lot and short-term accommodations
- 2022 OIPC Guidelines
- April 2023 requirement for insurance coverage information in Form B
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn