Conveyancing Deskbook--ONLINE ONLY
Publications - Online Only
Legal support staff's step-by-step guide to conveyancing in BC
This publication is essential for: legal support staff that work with residential real estate conveyances
Conveyancing involves so many details that it is hard to keep track of all the tasks you need to complete. Conveyancing Deskbook offers you practical, step-by-step instructions for all tasks involved in transferring land in BC. With checklists for each step in the process, practice notes for acting for the purchaser and the lender, over 70 forms and precedents, and a glossary of common terms, this manual will guide you through a problem-free conveyance.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the purpose and importance of each step in the conveyancing process
- confirm you haven't missed a step by consulting thorough checklists
- access a collection of conveyancing forms and precedents
Buy today and run your conveyancing files most effectively!
View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2018 Update include:
- elevation of property transfer tax in some circumstances
- elevation of additional property transfer tax and its extension to additional municipalities
- new version of property transfer fax form effective September 17, 2018
- Vancouver vacancy tax ("empty homes tax")
- client identification and verification where client cannot meet with lawyer in person
- potential impact of addendum to purchase contract
- completion of Form B mortgage for parcels with no PID number
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn