British Columbia Mortgages Practice Manual--ONLINE
Publications - Online
Navigate each step of a mortgage transaction—from receipt of instructions to closing—with confidence
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for borrowers, guarantors, and lenders in mortgage transactions
Current to: June 1, 2017
British Columbia Mortgages Practice Manual covers almost every practical issue that can arise from the wealth of rules and regulations that govern mortgage lending in BC. This resource offers you topic-by-topic guidance through the entire mortgage process from receiving lender's instructions and conducting searches to preparing mortgage documents and concluding the mortgage, focusing on the residential mortgage transaction but also discussing special considerations for commercial mortgages.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Mortgages Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the legal principles underlying the mortgage process
- refer to over 80 precedents including search letters, file documentation, opinions, and special mortgage templates
- ensure you don't miss a step with checklists for client verification, mortgage procedure, drafting, and PPSA registration
Subscribe today and master your mortgages practice! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2017 Update include:
- 2016 SCC jurisprudence clarifying s. 8 of the Interest Act
- terms in a lender's commitment letter to be satisfied prior to funding
- discussion of due diligence as to beneficial owner where nominee holds title
- additional property transfer tax in Greater Vancouver where purchaser is a "foreign entity"
- retirement of Form 24 (Postponement Agreement) by Director of Land Titles
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Mortgages Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn