Be confident that the units and disbursements in your bills of costs will be allowed.
This book is essential for: anyone involved in personal injury litigation arising from motor vehicle accidents
Current to: June 1, 2022
Plus TC&D: The Assessment of Costs and Disbursements in Motor Vehicle Injury Litigation is your must-have tool for preparing bills of costs under the tariff in Appendix B of the Supreme Court Civil Rules. It is the answer to all of your costs questions, from the number of units to claim under the ranges in the tariff, to which disbursements will be allowed by an assessor. Plus TC&D contains the most recent cases on each tariff item and specific disbursements selected by authors Christopher J. Hope and Kathryn S. Sainty, QC.
With an online subscription to Plus TC&D, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- draft bills of costs more quickly and confidently
- advise your clients of the risks of incurring certain disbursements
- easily access the case law you need to persuade the other party or assessor of the appropriateness of your costs claims
Buy your copy and be confident about your costs today! View a sample from this book!
The 6th edition of Plus TC&D is current to June 1, 2022. Highlights of this edition include:
- discussion of limits on recover of disbursements under the Evidence Act and the Disbursements and Expert Evidence Regulation
- new case annotations of the following decisions:
- Armstrong v. Lakeridge Resort Ltd., 2017 ONSC 6565
- D.Z. v. R.H.Z., 2021 BCSC 689 (Master)
- Ieraci v. Gallo, 2016 BCSC 1611 (Registrar)
- Kakavelakis v. Boutsakis, 2021 BCSC 1656 (Registrar)
- LeRoy v. Timberwest Forest Corp., 2021 BCSC 2346 (Registrar)
- McGill v. Jansen, 2020 BCSC 1124 (Master)
- Northwest Organics, Limited Partnership and Northwest Group Properties Inc. v. Roest, 2020 BCSC 372 (Registrar)
- Stewart v. Wood, 2019 ONSC 3931
Subscribe and be confident about your costs today!
"An extraordinarily valuable tool for litigators ... user friendly and well-organized. It provides a quick reference to Appendix B on tariff items and disbursements." - Terrence L. Robertson, QC
"When it comes to TC&D, you want to know the accurate answer, fast and efficiently. There's no better place than this book. If you are a plaintiff's lawyer, you need to buy this book. In fact, you might want to buy one for defence counsel too." - Daniel Corrin
"This manual on costs and disbursements is practical, readable, well-organized, and useful. Use it to prepare your bill of costs, and carry it with you when you attend an assessment." - Ian Aikenhead, QC
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Plus TC&D for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
Laura C. Selby