The classic guide to BC appellate court practice
This publication is essential for: lawyers and support teams needing direction on civil appeal procedure in BC
Current to: January 1, 2023
The Civil Appeal Handbook is your comprehensive companion to civil appellate law, practice, and procedure in BC. Peter Senkpiel, KC, Caitlin Ohama-Darcus, and Tom Posyniak have thoroughly researched many hundreds of cases on appellate practice to create this definitive resource supported by ample references to statutes, case law, and academia. You will be confident in dealing with all appellate issues, from the BC Court of Appeal's jurisdiction through to issues arising post-hearing.
With an annual subscription to Civil Appeal Handbook, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- plan an appeal strategy after reviewing your client's situation
- understand the nuances of appellate court procedure
- identify opportunities for persuasive advocacy during the appeal process
Subscribe today and prepare appeals with confidence! Read a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update:
The Civil Appeal Handbook has been fully updated in conjunction with the 2022 repeal and replacement of the Court of Appeal Act and Court of Appeal Rules and is now released as a new edition. This second edition of the book:
- provides detailed analysis and guidance on the new legislation, the application of both new and old case law to appellate practice, and developments in practice
- includes updated Court of Appeal registry materials, including the Annotated Table of Concordance for the new and old legislation, updated flowcharts, and the new forms under the Court of Appeal Rules
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Civil Appeal Handbook for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here4
CLEBC Legal Editor