Practical solutions to your builders lien problems and questions
This publication is essential for: lawyers needing practical guidance on BC builders lien issues
Current to: June 1, 2023
Builders liens issues arise frequently in construction and real estate practices and you need to have speedy answers for your clients. The British Columbia Builders Liens Practice Manual guides you through practical issues that frequently arise under the Builders Lien Act, covering the entire process from how to file a claim of lien all the way to enforcing a lien. With each topic, you receive guidance, relevant sections of the Act, case law, and templates to help you address the specific lien issue that your client is facing.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Builders Liens Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the nature of the lienable interest, the builders lien trust, and lien priorities
- quickly determine the procedures and time limits for filing, enforcing, or discharging your client's lien
- avoid common builders lien mistakes leading to solicitor's liability
Subscribe today and build your confidence on builders liens matters! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- large and liberal construction of Builders Lien Act in keeping with modern approach (BCCA)
- "owner" under BLA with equitable interest in land (BCSC)
- "interdependent" improvements on separate parcels (BCCA)
- abandoned improvement (BCSC)
- substantial versus inconsequential errors or omissions in claim of lien (BCCA, BCSC)
- overstated lien amount as abuse of process (BCSC)
- interpretation of "subcontractor" (BCCA)
- "issuance" versus "delivery" of certificate of completion (BCSC)
- termination of head contract (BCSC)
- "procedural" lien discharge methods
- new enforcement decisions (BCCA, BCSC)
- lien security cases (BCSC)
- lien bond versus cash security (BCCA, ABCA)
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Builders Liens Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn