Draft common chambers orders with ease
This publication is essential for: lawyers and legal support staff who draft BC Supreme Court orders
Current to: November 1, 2018
Careful preparation for a chambers application is essential to your case. Supreme Court Chambers Orders: Annotated, prepared by members of the Bench, Bar, and Court Registry, offers you a collection of over 80 sample chambers orders. This manual includes the text of the Supreme Court Civil Rule or section of the Act on which the application is based, what you need to include in the notice of application and supporting material, and case authority for the application.
With an online subscription to Supreme Court Chambers Orders: Annotated, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- draft chambers applications that will get you the order you want
- save time drafting routine chambers orders
- reduce the number of times your chambers orders are rejected or reviewed by the court registry
Subscribe today and build your collection of sample chambers orders! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- new annotated orders:
- Sample Strata Property Act Order—Order for Judgment—Conduct of Sale
- Sample Strata Property Act Order—Order for Sale and Payout to Strata Corporation
- Sample Presumption of Death Act Order—Order Declaring Presumption of Death
- Sample Subpoena (Interprovincial) Act Order—Receiving and Adopting a Subpoena from a Reciprocating Province
- revised annotations with BCCA and BCSC case law, such as:
- Swiss Reinsurance Company v. Camarin Limited (2018 BCCA case on amendment of pleadings)
- Tran v. Abbott (2018 BCCA case on subsequent independent medical examination)
- Kriegman v. Dill (2018 BCCA case on foreign judgment registration)
- updated "Jurisdiction of the Master" table
- updated Administrative Notices and Practice Directions
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Supreme Court Chambers Orders: Annotated for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn