Everything you need to know about motor vehicle accident claims in BC
This publication is essential for: all lawyers with motor vehicle accident claims files
Current to: February 1, 2020
Advising your client on motor vehicle accident claims requires in-depth knowledge of BC's legislative scheme. Let the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual be your guide through the many complex issues that frequently arise. Often referred to by eminent counsel as the "go-to" resource for researching the extensive range of legal and practice issues that arise, this resource offers you clear and succinct analysis of key issues, discussion of leading cases, practice points, checklists and over 60 sample forms.
"The BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual is rightfully known as 'the bible for personal injury lawyers.' I have practised personal injury law for 35 years and still consult it weekly. The only frustrating part is that even though we have two copies at my firm of six lawyers, I can never find it in our library, because it is always in someone else's office being used! You should not practice personal injury law without this manual, even if you're not doing car accident claims." – Alison Murray, QC, Murray Jamieson Barristers & Solicitors
With an online subscription to British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the intricacies of the Insurance (Vehicle) Act and Regulation and the legal principles that apply to your case
- get to the leading cases you need for your client's case
- access quickly over 60 of the most commonly used sample forms
Subscribe today and be well prepared to advise your clients with motor vehicle accident claims! View a sample from this book!
The 2020 Update to the third edition of the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual includes:
- a new chapter on Practice Before the Civil Resolution Tribunal, including the CRT's jurisdiction, procedure in the CRT set out in the Regulations and CRT Rules, and practice point
- revisions to the Workers Compensation chapter reflecting the new Workers Compensation Act and updated references throughout
- legislative amendments
- discussion of significant BC Court of Appeal and BC Supreme Court decisions over the past year
- decisions on damages, punitive and aggravated damages
- revised section on mitigation
- developments regarding discovery, including privilege, further independent medical examinations, and discovery obligations
- recent cases on costs and discovery practice
- revised forms and precedents
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editors