The technology and systems needed for total practice portability
(Original Live Webinar Date: October 16, 2020)
Can't make the webinar or rebroadcasts?
Want online CPD available 24/7?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 1,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Courses on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Who should attend: Lawyers and legal support staff looking for smarter tech solutions to everyday remote law office issues
Learning level: All levels
After the initial shock of working remotely and general business disruption has eased, there is now an opportunity to take what we've learned to strengthen and fine-tune remote work practices.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to business interruption on a global scale and many law offices scrambled to establish remote work arrangements for their staff to an extent that many businesses had never contemplated before. Now that we’ve had some experience with our new work reality it is a good time to consider the efficiencies of establishing a more permanent flexible office.
This presentation featuring technology expert, Barron Henley, will provide you with practical guidance on how and what you need to set yourself up with a flexible, efficient and secure practice. Even if you are feeling comfortable with the new normal, you’ll get many new ideas from this seminar for further improvements.
Topics will include:
- specific hardware recommendations including laptops, tablets, scanners, printers, screens, docking stations, and other mobile hardware
- how to upgrade your web meeting game from all angles
- mobile communications, hosted VoIP phone systems
- remotely accessible billing & accounting
- case management systems for centralized remotely accessible client information
- digital signatures and remote signing technology
- required elements for a complete electronic client filing system (much more on this in the afternoon seminar)
- cybersecurity and protecting client data
- how to get complex documents drafted when you’re separated from support staff
- home workspace considerations
Register for BOTH this course and Barron's Electronic Filing Systems and PDFs for Lawyers course HERE
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 3 hours (this course will include a minimum of 3 hours of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Barron K. Henley — Affinity Consulting Group, Columbus, OH
To support you during COVID-19, CLEBC is offering reduced pricing for courses.
|Jump Start 2021
Register by Feb. 8/21
After Feb. 8/21
|Rebroadcast Articled Student
Experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
You may be eligible for further reductions in our course prices.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast will either meet or exceed the CPD hours of the original live webinar course.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Coordinator