(Original Course Date: May 12, 2020)
Can't make the webinar or rebroadcasts?
Want online CPD available 24/7?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 2,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Course on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Who should attend: All lawyers with a practice in immigration law
Learning level: All levels
Join us to hear practice tips and advice on how to practice immigration law while working remotely. This focused, 90-minute course will include topics on:
Using Social Distancing Measures & Technology to Adapt
- a tale of two firms transitioning to working from home
- social distancing while providing an essential service
- investing in technology to run your practice remotely
- cloud computing
- VoIP vs. mobile
- team management and communication software
Maintaining Your Professional Obligations
- client identification and verification
- remote commissioning of oaths
- confidentiality and privilege
- staying up to date on the law and policy—where to find information
Building Firm Resilience
- taking advantage of excess capacity to improve systems
- adapting to new circumstances—lessons learned
- finding new work in times of scarcity
Building Personal Resilience
- taking care of yourself, your staff, and your clients
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1.5 hours (this course will include a minimum of 15 minutess of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Kyle C. Hyndman — McCrea Immigration Law, Vancouver
Ryan N. Rosenberg — Larlee Rosenberg, Vancouver
To support you during COVID-19, CLEBC is offering reduced pricing for courses.
Experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
You may be eligible for further reductions in our course prices.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan!
CLEBC Program Lawyer*