Avoid the major pitfalls when advising a franchisor!
(Original Course Date: November 4, 2020)
Can't make the webinar or rebroadcasts?
Want online CPD available 24/7?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 1,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Courses on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Who should attend: Lawyers who advise franchisors and/or franchisees; personnel within franchise companies that are responsible for document preparation and/or sales to franchisees; Canadian franchise association members
Learning level: All levels
The Franchises Act came into force in BC on February 1, 2017 and was a significant change to the law in BC. It profoundly affected both franchisees and franchisors.
Join us to:
- get up to date on what has happened in BC since the Act came into force
- how to draft a compliant FDD and not have to report yourself to your insurer
- the right of rescission and franchise disputes
- advising franchisees at the outset of the engagement (and if there is a dispute)
- best practices when advising franchisors and franchisees
At this course you will:
- learn about interesting franchise contract provisions
- find out what you should be doing when advising franchisees
- find out how updates from Ontario can provide BC practitioners guidance on their practice
- learn best practices for advising clients on franchises
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 3.5 hours (a minimum of .5 hours will involve professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Tony Wilson, QC — Boughton Law Corporation, Vancouver
To support you during COVID-19, CLEBC is offering reduced pricing for courses.
|Jump Start 2021
Register by Feb. 8/21
After Feb. 8/21
|Rebroadcast Articled Student
Experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
You may be eligible for further reductions in our course prices.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast will either meet or exceed the CPD hours of the original live webinar course.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan!
CLEBC Program Lawyer*