(Original Course Date: March 19, 2019)
Who should attend: Legal support staff/administrative assistants
Learning level: All levels
This is originally a BC Paralegal Association (BCPA) event. This course is going to be a deep-dive on the new legislation and will offer an overview on the following topics:
- a brief discussion of the new legislation and industry chatter in BC
- looking to other Provinces: "Permanent serious impairment" in Ontario
- management of personal injury claims post April 1, 2019
- evidence and the tribunal
- the importance of collateral witnesses
- Q & A
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (this course will NOT involve any professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Craig McIvor — Preszler Injury Lawyers, Vancouver
Want to register for courses now, but prefer a monthly payment plan? Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
Unable to attend a course without help from CLEBC? Check out our Bursary Program.