Wednesday, April 8, 2020
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vancouver location to be confirmed
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Those who support board, council, and committee meetings including government officials and administrators, those who:
- prepare agendas for open and closed meetings
- prepare scripts for chairs
- prepare motions and resolutions
- take minutes
- are looking to improve productivity at meetings that they organize or simply attend
Learning level: All levels
This workshop will provide administrative staff with techniques on how to support meetings effectively and to manage the meeting process in a systematic and thorough fashion. By working through a meeting from start to finish, you will learn the foundations of what makes a meeting successful before, during, and after the meeting. As a result, you will be able to identify how your meetings can be improved and how the group can make better decisions.
At this workshop you will:
- understand how the roles, duties, and pre-meeting preparation set the foundation for a successful meeting
- capture the essence of a meeting through improved minute taking techniques
- assist the chair and the members in carrying out their roles in the meeting process in a practical and productive manner
- how best to incorporate reports, recommendations and reference material into your meetings
Register for this course and Eli Mina's, Robert's Rules of Order — Demystified, on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 and SAVE! Click here to register for both!
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: Attendance to this course cannot be used toward continuing professional development hours (no hours will pertain to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Lisa M. Zwarn (Curry), PRP — Surrey
Register by March 10/20
After March 10/20
|In-Person Articled Student
|Webinar Articled Student
Registration includes a print and electronic copy of a workbook.
Lunch is on your own.
Gather your colleagues around a computer to save on Webinars and Rebroadcasts. Groups pay full price for the main registrant plus $249 ($449 for two-day courses) for each additional viewer. If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating. Contact Customer Service for more information.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Programs Coordinator