Last Kick at the Can 2019
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm via webinar
(Original Course Date: October 23, 2018)
Who should attend: Lawyers and staff wanting to keep costs low when making tech choices
Learning level: All levels
Let's face it, the array of your technology choices is overwhelming; and in this economy, you cannot afford to make bad tech decisions. This seminar gives you a lawyer's technology roadmap focusing on keeping costs as low as possible.
You will learn about:
- return on investment analysis and tech spending strategies for a down economy
- how to get the best technology deals for your firm
- inexpensive alternatives to Word and WordPerfect, and search software that eliminates the problem of lost files once and for all
- laptop vs. desktop: appropriate PC configuration for a law firm, PC configuration items to look for and items to avoid
- computer and network protection including uninterruptible power supplies, antivirus, firewalls, anti-spyware, and anti-spam
- disaster avoidance and backup recommendations (hardware and software)
- law firm printer, scanner, and fax issues along with recommendations
- smartphone/personal digital assistant recommendations for lawyers
- legal-specific billing, accounting, and case management software options
- accessing your firm's files and resources when you're not in the office
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 2 hours (a minimum of 2 hours involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Barron K. Henley — Affinity Consulting Group, LLC, Columbus, OH
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast will either meet or exceed the CPD hours of the original live course.
Webinar Archive: This course will not be added to the Webinar Archive.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Coordinator