Thursday and Friday, June 7 and 8, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (both days)
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver,
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Litigators and solicitors from areas of law which have a significant cannabis marijuana element—including but not limited to: civil litigation, criminal law, municipal law, health law, insurance law, labour and employment law, business law, and corporate finance.
Learning level: All levels
The place of cannabis marijuana in the lives of Canadians will undergo a radical change with its legalization and entry into the mainstream. This transformation will affect Canada's legal landscape, and the new status of cannabis will have profound implications in many areas of practice.
On Day One, you will receive an overview including cannabis marijuana basics (botany and pharmacology), the history of cannabis in Canada and globally, the proposed federal Cannabis Act and regulations, the proposed BC regulations, and the impact on local government.
On Day Two, you will focus on:
- "Cannabis as Medicine": examine the evolution of cannabis marijuana from a controlled drug to a regulated health care product, as well as the current issues in discourse surrounding medical cannabis.
- "Cannabis and Impairment": explore the twin issues of regulation and measurement of potential impairment caused by cannabis in both the criminal law and employment law contexts.
- "Cannabis and Business—The Ultimate Joint Venture": review the major issues that arise when advising cannabis-related business including business regulation, investment and finance, insurance, and cross-border issues.
If you are thinking of expanding your practice into this area or already practice in an area of law which has a significant cannabis marijuana dimension, you need this program!
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 12 hours (including a minimum of 2 hours involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
John W. Conroy, QC — Conroy & Company, Abbotsford
Day 1 and 2
Register by May 11
After May 11
|Webinar Articled Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included on Day 1 only.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $289 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*