Working with the new legislation
"Jump Start on CPD 2017"
Monday, February 27, 2017; 11:15 am – 3:15 pm
(Original date: October 28, 2016)
Who should attend: Paralegals, legal secretaries, and lawyers who want a fundamental description of the corporate procedures and filings under the new BC Societies Act.
Learning level: All levels
Learn the corporate procedures, filings, and issues relating to the new BC Societies Act. In each area, discover the practical information you need to gather, the issues you need to consider, and the documents you need to prepare. Learn how to perform the key tasks under this new legislation taught by experienced paralegals.
At this course you will learn:
- what a member-funded society is and the advantages and disadvantages to becoming designated as one
- what is allowed in the new constitution and what happens to existing provisions after transition
- what happens to bylaws on transition — do you change them, use the existing ones, or adopt the new model bylaws
- how to perform a standard transition under the new Societies Act
- how to perform a transition with additional changes under the new Societies Act (i.e., bylaws, member-funded designation, etc.)
CLEBC would like to thank Do Process Software for their generous support in sponsoring this event.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 4 hours (a minimum of 0.5 hours will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Christine Hall — Corporate Services Paralegal and Supervisor, Owen Bird Law Corporation, Vancouver
Ayako Oki — Paralegal, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, Vancouver
"Jump Start on CPD 2017"
$215 *Early Bird register by January 30, 2017 and SAVE!
$240 After January 30, 2017
Save even more with your CPDone Pass!
Registration includes an electronic copy CLEBC's BC Societies Guide and of the course materials.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the online course materials, an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001. ... OR
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive, a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer