Thursday & Friday, December 4 & 5, 2014
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EACH DAY
CLEBC Boardroom, 500 – 1155 West Pender Street, Vancouver
Limited enrolment. Register early to avoid disappointment!
Who should attend: Mediators, arbitrators, parenting coordinators, and counsel attending med-arb.
Learning level: All levels
Med-Arb combines the benefits of mediation and arbitration by first trying to help the parties of a dispute work out an agreement through mediation; should that fail, the mediator can assume the role of an arbitrator and render a binding decision. This is a relatively new and exciting tool used to resolve disputes. Don't miss out on this opportunity to attend the inaugural course designed specifically for those wishing to learn about med-arb.
At this course you will:
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of med-arb
- examine the unique ethical issues that may arise in the med-arb process
- review the necessary requirements in a med-arb agreement
- explore the qualities and skills required by the med-arbitrator
- practice the skills required for the mediation phase of the med-arb process
- discuss the professional standards and regulations applicable to the med-arb process
- review the relevant case law regarding med-arb
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 16 hours (a minimum of 2 hours will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
EARLY BIRD (Register by November 6, 2014 and SAVE)
Live Course: Regular $1,100
After November 6, 2014
Live Course: Regular $1,210
Registration includes a print copy of the course materials. The materials will not be distributed electronically.
Unable to attend without financial support? To learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program click here and for our Easy Pay Plan clickhere.
CLEBC Program Coordinator