Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office
Current to: January 15, 2021
Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the relevant Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes and a table of concordance from the former statutes for ease of use.
With Annotated Estates Practice, you will be able to:
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts' interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- all legislation now current to January 15, 2021
- new annotations and commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- what factors will the court consider when determining whether parties were living together in a marriage-like relationship for the purposes of the WESA?
- is a pour-over clause to an amendable or revocable trust valid in British Columbia?
- can the court exercise its power under s. 58 of the WESA to find a suicide note to be effective as a will?
- is a trustee de son tort sufficient to trigger the court's jurisdiction to appoint a new trustee under s. 31 of the Trustee Act?
- what is the proper procedure for seeking relief when opposing a representation grant?
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor