From incorporation to dissolution: Every step of every transaction under the Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
This publication is essential for: lawyers who advise on transactions under the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act
Current to: September 1, 2019
The lengthy and complicated requirements of the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act demand a comprehensive resource. British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual is your guide to navigating and keeping your clients compliant with both statutes. Focused on practice and procedure, this resource follows the structure of the Acts and maps out the steps of every transaction from incorporation and meetings to amalgamations and dissolution. For each transaction, you will find commentary, explanations, and leading case law curated by leading BC corporate law practitioners.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- advise your clients on the propriety of their Business Corporations Act and Societies Act transactions and filings
- save time drafting transaction documents with over 125 forms and precedents
- keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate law and procedures
Buy today and practise corporate law confidently! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- Canada Business Corporations Act ISC Register
- Business Corporations Act transparency register (not yet in force) and precedent
- TOSI rules and effect on dividend sprinkling and discretionary dividends
- BCA benefit companies (not yet in force)
- expanded discussion of uncertificated shares
- BCA replacement of bearer share certificates (not yet in force)
- expanded discussion of alterations to the notice of articles and authorizing resolutions
- expanded discussion of omnibus resolutions for alterations to authorized share structure or shares
- discussion and practice tip on considering an application for restoration where service on the government is contemplated pursuant to the Escheat Act
- forthcoming incorporation of Manitoba into the New West Partnership Trade Agreement
- expanded discussions of arrangements:
- fairness opinions
- interim orders
- orders where assets and liabilities transfers are contemplated
- dissent rights
- SCC approach to rectification remedy for shareholders
- expanded discussions of societies:
- SCC and BCSC approaches to member complaints (oppression)
- directors' functions
- conflicts of interest
- changes to AGM requirements
- remedial orders to correct defects
- 16 new precedents for societies
- detailed discussion of Civil Resolution Tribunal jurisdiction over societies and co-operatives, CRT rules, and procedure
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published.
Contact Customer Service for more information.