Your inside look into the BC Land Title and Survey Authority
This publication is essential for: anyone who deals with land title matters in BC
Current to: September 1, 2018
Published under authority of the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA), Land Title Practice Manual is the reference resource for BC conveyancers. Used by LTSA staff when reviewing registration applications, this indispensable resource provides you with the full Land Title Act containing section-by-section commentary with applicable forms, practice tips, and case summaries. In addition, you will find annotated relevant sections of over 20 other statutes and regulations affecting land title practice. Examples of documents acceptable to the LTSA, guidance on instrument registration, and a survey of liens and charges are also included as handy materials.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the perspective of LTSA staff who review applications
- reduce your risk of LTSA defect notices
- quickly obtain answers to your questions about land title submissions
Buy today and become an LTSA insider! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2018 Update include:
- several updates to procedures of the Land Title and Survey Authority, incorporating new Practice Notes, Circular Letters, and other policies
- significant developments regarding property transfer tax, including the new Information Collection Regulation
- case law relating to the Land Title Act, Property Law Act, Strata Property Act, and other statutes, including 15 new BCCA decisions (for example, on the standard of review of Registrar decisions, and the Court's jurisdiction to cancel a certificate of pending litigation)
- amendments to the Land Title Act, Land Survey Act, Local Government Act, Property Law Act, Property Transfer Tax Act, and Strata Property Act
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor