Click here to read a sample from the book
Your British Columbia guide to debt recovery and collections
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for debtors and creditors with collections issues in BC.
Current to: July 1, 2017
British Columbia Creditors' Remedies—An Annotated Guide is your one-stop resource for direction on collection-related practice issues in BC. With annotated precedents and step-by-step instructions guiding you through creditors’ remedies practice in the BC Supreme Court, this guide covers assessing and managing collections, prejudgment collections, debtor asset assessment, how to effectively use execution proceedings, and tips on acting for the debtor.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- confidently navigate the procedures and court forms involved in debt recovery in BC
- capably advise your client regarding the various remedies available for collection
- benefit from commentary from experienced counsel on debt recovery best practices and pitfalls to avoid
Buy today and advise more skillfully on debt collection!
Highlights of the 2017 update:
- new discussion of claims that survive bankruptcy
- new requirements of a “collector” under the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act
- discussion of the Solution Explorer and facilitation at the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- BCCA clarification of the effect of a finding of fraudulent conveyance
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published.
Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn