Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office.
Current to: February 1, 2019
Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the relevant Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes and a table of concordance from the former statutes for ease of use.
With Annotated Estates Practice, you will be able to:
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts’ interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- Captures legislative amendments throughout the publication, including late-breaking amendments to the Wills, Estates, and Succession Act.
- Includes legislation current to April 1, 2019 and case law current to March 1, 2019.
- Incorporates new annotations providing commentary on notable cases from the last year, including, but not limited to:
- the purpose and application of WESA’s curative provisions;
- transactions that may constitute a fraudulent conveyance; and
- the meaning of “intestate successor” in section 151 of WESA.
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Stay current — sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor