Manage your probate and estate matters with confidence
This publication is essential for: practitioners who do estate administration or estate litigation work.
If you work in estate administration, you know there is a high potential for error. Reduce that risk with BC Probate & Estate Practice Manual, which takes you step-by step through handling probate and estate matters in BC. This longstanding manual is the answer to all your probate and estate administration questions, from initial contact with a personal representative to post-grant issues. This manual also covers difficult tax and conflict of laws issues, as well as potential areas for estate litigation.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- confidently advise personal representatives on how to successfully administer an estate
- prepare for and make probate and estate administration applications
- better avoid and handle contentious areas during the estate administration process
Highlights of the 2017 Update
- guidance for the prinicpal residence changes, and the latest development regarding the taxation of trusts and gifts
- practical information for dealing with the additional property tax, the Vancouver vacancy tax, and other issues relating to the LTSA and the provincial filings
- new topics, such as handling multiple wills (in chapter5); appellate review of registrar orders (chapter 15); interim orders in wills variation proceedings, and competing claims between spouses and children (both in chapter 19)
- over 60 new cases incorporated into the commentary including the first WESA, s. 151 decisions
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
Jonathan M. Vogt