Click here to read a sample from the book!
The bench and bar's indispensable guide to criminal jury trial preparation
This book is essential for: judges and lawyers preparing for criminal jury trial instructions.
Current to: September 1, 2018
You know how much work is involved in a criminal jury trial—research, case law analysis, the elements of the charge. Canadian Criminal Jury Instructions (CRIMJI) puts all of the legal research that goes into preparing a jury instruction to work for you. Guided by a cross-Canada editorial board, this authoritative resource provides you with over 150 model instructions on trial procedures, evidence, and major offences and defences. Each instruction gives you an outline of key components of the instruction, discusses relevant case law, and highlights alternatives and notes of caution.
With CRIMJI, you will be able to:
- save time drafting criminal jury instructions
- confidently suggest amendments or additions to a jury instruction
- understand the evidentiary foundation of a particular crime or defence
- explain evidence and law relevant to your case in plain language understandable to a jury
Buy today and be confident in preparing for your jury trial!
Highlights of the 2018 update
- substantially revised instructions for CRIMJI 4.87 (hearsay evidence) and CRIMJI 4.99B (failure to cross-examine)
- revised charge for CRIMJI 4.04 on the application of reasonable doubt to credibility issues when the accused does not testify
- new User Notes clarifying, among others, mens rea requirements for conspiracy and proper jury instructions for s. 229(a) offences
- incorporation of over 110 new cases, and all legislative developments up to September 2018
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor