Click here to read a sample from the book!
Get answers to your PPSA questions—from negotiating security to non-compliance
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for practical guidance on personal property secured transactions in BC.
Current to: September 1, 2017
Since its introduction, the Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) has created complexities for lawyers advising on secured transactions. The only practice-oriented resource to BC PPSA transactions, BC PPSA Practice Manual is written in plain language and takes you through all parts of a secured transaction. This two-volume manual begins with a handy “Quick Reference Guide” on how to deal with common procedural questions. The chapters following are designed to assist you in achieving your goal, whether drafting a security agreement, negotiating a priority agreement, or enforcing a security interest.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- better explain to your clients the legal implications of debt-based financing procedures under the PPSA
- check your work against helpful checklists for notice and limitation periods, leases, due diligence, and debtor names
- save drafting time with over 60 secured transactions forms and precedents
Buy your copy and PPSA proficient today!
Highlights of the 2017 update
- discussion of modern PPSA opinion practice and addition of a new PPSA debtor’s counsel opinion in current use in Vancouver
- suggested opinion qualifications on: priority; non-perfection of security interest in serial numbered goods
- revised annotation in security agreement as to acceleration clause
- discussion of meaning of “chief executive office” in PPSA 7
- jurisprudence as to commercial reasonability under both PPSA and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act discussed
- updated “Quick Reference Guide”
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn