Click here to read a sample from the book!
Your guide to real estate development law, practice, and procedure
This publication is essential for: lawyers advising or representing developers or municipalities in real estate development matters.
Current to: February 1, 2017
To effectively serve developer and municipal clients, you need a strong command of the legal principles as well as an understanding of the real estate development process. With the British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, you have a concise guide to each phase of the development process, from land acquisition to financing and marketing the project, with discussion of the unique planning and regulatory environment in the City of Vancouver, and considerations for development on First Nations lands.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the real estate development process in the context of current legal developments to effectively serve your clients
- save time searching for Vancouver-specific real estate development procedures and regulations
- quickly access a collection of over 70 real estate development forms and precedents
Buy today and take your real estate development practice to the next level!
“CLEBC’s Real Estate Development Practice Manual is a great resource for finding answers to many development questions in BC. It goes beyond simply citing the relevant statute and provides practical solutions for a wide range of development challenges.” – Edward L. Wilson, Partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
Highlights of the 2017 update
- update of all chapters to reflect Local Government Act limited revision and renumbering
- new chapter on development on First Nations lands
- new disclosure requirements and tax considerations for foreign entities and partners of foreign entities
- Vancouver Charter amendment to protect "in-stream" and "precursor applications" from development cost charges
- new Provincial Building Code Appeal Code, Vancouver Building Board of Appeal and Building Board of Appeal Bylaw
- amendments to regulation of transfer of deposits from one trustee to another
- revamped and expanded discussion of anti-money laundering requirements
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn