Click here to read a sample from the book!
Navigate each step of a mortgage transaction—from receipt of instructions to closing—with confidence
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for borrowers, guarantors, and lenders in mortgage transactions.
Current to: June 1, 2017
BC Mortgages Practice Manual covers almost every practical issue that can arise from the wealth of rules and regulations that govern mortgages in British Columbia. Fundamental and well-organized, this tool focuses on the residential mortgage transaction and also discusses special considerations for commercial mortgages. Receive topic-by-topic guidance through the entire mortgage process from receiving lender’s instructions and conducting searches to preparing mortgage documents and concluding the mortgage.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- explore topics such as prescribed mortgage terms, closing procedures, discharging a mortgage, mortgage assumptions, and more
- refer to over 80 precedents including search letter, file documentation, opinion, and special mortgage templates
- ensure you don’t miss a step with checklists for client verification, mortgage procedure, drafting, and PPSA registration
Buy your copy and master mortgages today!
“There are not very many texts regarding mortgages, and those that do exist are not specific to the particular case law and legislative overlay that has developed in BC. This manual contains the most recent practice developments of the specialist bar working in BC. The classic works on mortgages are also excellent but I find that this manual is almost always a valuable resource to ensure that the BC context is considered.” – Mark C. Baron, Partner, Richards Buell Sutton LLP
Highlights of the 2017 update
- 2016 SCC jurisprudence clarifying s. 8 of the Interest Act
- terms in a lender’s commitment letter to be satisfied prior to funding
- due diligence as to beneficial owner where nominee holds title
- additional property transfer tax in Greater Vancouver where purchaser is a “foreign entity”
- retirement of Form 24 (Postponement Agreement) by Director of Land Titles
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor