British Columbia Business Disputes
Publications - Print + Online
Your practice-oriented guide to commercial litigation in British Columbia
This publication is essential for: lawyers at all levels of practice who advise clients on business disputes.
Current to: July 1, 2013
Winner of the ACLEA Award of Outstanding Achievement in Publications, British Columbia Business Disputes canvasses a full array of causes of action in a wide range of commercial activities, from contractual breaches and common law torts to rights of action conferred under federal and provincial statutes. It incorporates the latest legal developments, with a focus on BC cases. Intended to provide guidance for solicitors advising clients and litigators pursuing or defending claims, a chapter on each dispute area includes critical analysis of key elements, defences, jurisdiction, remedies, and leading case law, as well as practice tips.
The book is updated regularly. Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are available. Subscribe now.
Highlights of the 2013 Update
- new Limitation Act implications
- reduced limitation period for civil conspiracy claims
- new limitation periods for construction claims
- end of “wait and see” approach to contribution and apportionment
- clarification of limitation periods for environmental contamination claims
- new test for discoverability in construction claims
- new and enhanced discussions
- litigation over deposits in failed real estate transactions
- material misrepresentations in commercial real estate disputes
- third-party claims in construction disputes
- change of work provisions in construction contracts
- Canadian Consumer Product Safety Act
- comprehensive survey of appellate jurisprudence on broad scope of commercial disputes
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
At no cost to you, receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for information on content and cost of the update. If you choose to purchase the update, you will be billed—otherwise, there is no cost to you. Ensure that you never miss out on important updates and sign up now!
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn