Click here to read a sample from the book!
Discovery: Your key to reaching settlement or gaining an edge at trial
This publication is essential for: all lawyers using the BC Supreme Court discovery procedures in a case.
The tools of discovery are powerful with the potential to strengthen your case and weaken the other party’s. With Discovery Practice in British Columbia, you have access to analysis of the latest case law and practice tips for all discovery tools including document discovery, examination for discovery, pre-trial examination of a witness, interrogatories, and more. Scripts on making and defending objections, checklists, and hundreds of sample forms help you to use discovery procedures to effectively build your case.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- determine strategic approaches for obtaining and giving document production
- ask the right questions and make effective objections at examinations for discovery
- assert and attack privilege claims
- skillfully use discovery evidence at trial
Buy today and master the tools of discovery!
Highlights of the 2018 update
- inclusion of the most significant BC Supreme Court and Court of Appeal decisions, including judicial commentary on:
- document discovery: scope of production obligations, consequences of non-disclosure, and circumstances in which an affidavit of documents order is warranted
- examination for discovery: who may be examined, remedies for non-compliance, when further examination for discovery will be ordered, and when the implied undertaking does and does not apply
- privilege: solicitor-client privilege as a substantive legal right, waiver of solicitor-client privilege, government privilege including public interest immunity and confidential informer privilege, and privilege relating to document production
- discovery by physical and mental examination: first and further examinations, and when further examinations will be ordered
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.