Your guide to finding, choosing, and using an expert
This publication is essential for: all civil litigators who work with expert witnesses.
Current to: July 1, 2015
Expert witnesses play a critical role in most civil cases—and litigators should know how to use them to their full advantage. Expert Evidence in BC Civil Proceedings will help you handle BC's distinctive expert evidence rules. Practical and portable, this softcover guidebook provides discussion, tactics, and tools so you can effectively choose, brief, call, and attack expert witnesses. In addition, this publication features a chapter on the view from the bench, so you can learn what makes a powerful expert opinion presentation in the eyes of a trial judge.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- identify when and how to use experts
- analyze how to lay the factual basis for an expert opinion
- present your experts without them losing credibility or appearing partisan
- better protect your expert on the witness stand
A few highlights of the fourth edition
- extensive discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada's decision, White Burgess Langille Inman v. Abbot and Haliburton Co., 2015 SCC 23 throughout the chapters
- updates throughout the chapters incorporating significant case law on expert evidence from the British Columbia and Ontario courts
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor