Everything you need to know about motor vehicle accident claims in BC
This publication is essential for: personal injury lawyers, insurance defence lawyers, and plaintiff lawyers.
Current to: March 1, 2017
Look no further for a manual that comprehensively covers motor vehicle accident (MVA) litigation in BC. Senior members of the bar call BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual their “go-to” resource for researching the extensive range of legal and practice issues that arise in MVAs. From commencing an action to subrogation, this manual gets you to pithy discussion of the key issues, forms, and cases related to your question quickly. Each year, leading members of BC’s plaintiff and defence bar select and analyze only the most significant new cases to include in the annual update.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the broad context of legal issues in MVA claims
- efficiently get to the leading cases on MVA legal issues specific to your client’s case
- conveniently refer to over 60 of the most commonly used MVA forms and precedents in one place
Buy your copy of this must-have personal injury resource today!
Highlights of the 2017 update
- coverage of recent cases from the Supreme Court of Canada on solicitor-client privilege and litigation privilege as a class privilege
- discussion of dozens of decisions from the BC Court of Appeal and Supreme Court on:
- document disclosure covering disclosure shortly before trial, special costs and failure to produce an amended list of documents, disclosure and public interest privilege, privilege and investigations by liability insurers, acts constituting waiver of privilege, grounds for subsequent IMEs
- damages covering the test for causation, indivisible injuries, pre-existing injuries, and the duty to mitigate
- costs and disbursements in motor vehicle context, subrogation claims against municipalities, proof of negligence against public carriers
- coverage of underinsured motorist protection arbitration decisions from the last year
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published.
Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
Laura C. Selby