Employment Standards in British Columbia--ONLINE ONLY
Publications - Online Only
Speedy, reliable answers to employment standards issues in BC
This publication is essential for: lawyers, employers, and other labour and employment advisors
Current to: July 8, 2019
Employment law issues arise often in your clients’ workplace and even in your own. Employment Standards in British Columbia offers you succinct commentary and case annotations to accompany the full text of the Employment Standards Act and Employment Standards Regulation. This resource brings the ever-expanding body of employment standards tribunal and court decisions under control. Annually updated, seasoned practitioners judiciously select and summarize only the most significant new decisions for your review.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- easily find the general principles and leading cases relating to any particular section of the Act
- competently advise your clients as to their employment standards rights or employers’ best practices
- keep current with any significant changes or developments in employment standards law
Buy today and be current on Employment Standards obligations! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 update include:
- legislation current to July 8, 2019, capturing late-breaking amendments to the Employment Standards Act and Employment Standards Regulation
- helpful notations concerning amendments to the Employment Standards Act and Employment Standards Regulation expected to come into force by regulation
- new annotations providing commentary on notable decisions from the last year, including, but not limited to: reasonable excuses for failure to file an appeal on time; actions (or inactions) by delegates that constitute an error of law; guiding principles regarding the review of an exercise of the discretion of the Director of Employment Standards to grant or refuse a variance; and circumstances where a finding of fact will constitute an error of law
CLEBC Legal Editor