British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual--ONLINE ONLY
Publications - Online Only
From incorporation to dissolution: Every step of every transaction under the Business Corporations Act and Societies Act.
This publication is essential for: lawyers who advise on transactions under the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act.
Current to: October 1, 2016
The lengthy and complicated requirements of the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act demand a comprehensive resource. British Columbia Company Law Practice Manual is your manual on navigating and keeping your clients compliant with both statutes. Focused on practice and procedure, this resource follows the structure of the Acts and maps out the steps of every transaction from incorporation and meetings to amalgamations and dissolution. For each transaction, you will find commentary, explanations, and leading case law curated by leading BC corporate law practitioners.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- advise your clients on the propriety of their Business Corporations Act and Societies Act transactions and filings
- save time drafting transaction documents with over 125 forms and precedents
- keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate law and procedures
Buy today and practise corporate law confidently!
Highlights of the 2016 Update include:
- comprehensive new chapter on BC societies under Societies Act in force November 28, 2016
- updated information on securities legislation and exemption requirements
- updated information on dividend tax rates
- coming into force of Canadian Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act
- Canadian corporate social responsibility strategy re: extractive industries
- areas of increasing D&O liability insurance claims activity
- new CRA folio on interest deductibility on shareholders’ loans; continued ambiguity despite recent FCA confirmation of the test
- new case law on prohibition on redemption in insolvency
- November 2016 additions to list of records that must be e-filed with registrar
- November 2016 statutory amendment re: missing corporate records
- sample restoration orders for full and limited restorations
- coming into force of First Protocol Amendment to NWPTA
- new case law: oppression claims, indemnification of directors in successful derivative actions, shareholders’ agreements, and amalgamation of BC companies with cooperative associations
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn