Click here to read a sample from the book!
Get answers to your PPSA questions—from negotiating security to non-compliance
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for practical guidance on personal property secured transactions in BC.
Current to: September 1, 2017
Advising clients on secured transactions is complex. The BC Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual is BC’s only practice-oriented resource that takes you through all parts of a secured transaction. The handy “Quick Reference Guide” provides quick guidance on how to deal with common procedural questions. The information in the chapters will assist you in achieving your goal, whether drafting a security agreement, negotiating a priority agreement, or enforcing a security interest.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- better explain to your clients the legal implications of debt-based financing procedures under the PPSA
- check your work against helpful checklists on secured transactions, notice and limitation periods, leases, due diligences, and debtor names
- save drafting time with over 60 forms and precedents for secured transactions
Buy today and be PPSA-proficient!
Highlights of the 2017 update
- discussion of modern PPSA opinion practice and addition of a new PPSA debtor’s counsel opinion in current use in Vancouver
- suggested opinion qualifications on: priority; non-perfection of security interest in serial numbered goods
- revised annotation in security agreement as to acceleration clause
- discussion of meaning of “chief executive office” in PPSA 7
- jurisprudence as to commercial reasonability under both PPSA and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act discussed
- updated “Quick Reference Guide”
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn