Current to: November 1, 2014
Asked by a lawyer to complete a family law file task, but don’t know how to begin? Designed for legal support staff, the BC-focused Family Law Deskbook is a thorough resource on managing your family law files in an effective and timely way. Family Law Deskbook starts with basic family law concepts, explanation of the law office, and file management tips. Following are chronologically-organized chapters, each beginning with a checklist, guiding you through completing the forms, information, searches, filings, and correspondence for each stage of a family law case.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- speedily complete tasks with over 100 precedents unique to family law support staff needs
- verify your work against comprehensive checklists
- identify ethical issues and know when to ask a lawyer for assistance and oversight
Subscribe and carry your family law file with confidence today!
Highlights of the 2015 update
Changes to family law practice based on:
- the Family Law Act and regulations
- amendments to the Court of Appeal Rules, Supreme Court Family Rules, and the Provincial Court (Family) Rules
- new and amended Supreme Court Practice Directions
- amendments to prescribed forms and often-used precedents
CLEBC Legal Editor
Laura C. Selby