Click here to read a sample from the book
A legal support staff’s basic step-by-step guide to conveyancing process in BC
This publication is essential for: legal support staff looking for a basic framework and concrete instructions on performing conveyances.
Current to: September 1, 2017
Conveyancing involves so many details that it may be hard to keep track of all the tasks you need to complete. Conveyancing Deskbook is designed to provide you with practical step-by-step instructions through all tasks involved in transferring land in BC. Organized chronologically, each chapter begins with a checklist of considerations, information to obtain, and searches to conduct so you can readily identify all materials to collect for any particular part of a conveyance. Each checklist is followed by commentary and references to relevant forms and precedents.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- have a clear understanding of the entire conveyancing process
- confirm you haven’t missed a step by consulting thorough checklists
- access a compilation over 100 conveyancing forms and precedents
Subscribe and complete your conveyances correctly today!
Highlights of the 2017 update
- updated information on land title e-filing requirements and exemptions
- updated information on permissible “enhanced services” by a “designated paralegal”
- discussion of lawyers’ obligations regarding mortgage discharges and fees under legislation and Law Society Rules
- discussion of exemptions and potential refunds of additional Property Transfer Tax for Provincial Nominees
CLEBC Legal Editor