The A to Z of real property assessment
This publication is essential for: anyone looking for guidance on real property assessment matters in BC
Current to: January 1, 2014
Are you familiar with all aspects of real property assessment from initial assessment through to appeal of Property Assessment Appeal Board (PAAB) decisions? Let the experts in this area lead you through the substantive law, practice, and procedure of real property assessment and taxation in BC. This manual covers all the necessary topics: assessment authorities, assessable property, classification, valuation, exemption, equity, appeal proceedings, and First Nations properties.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the full system and structure of real property assessment and taxation in BC
- competently advise your clients on disputing assessments
- access the full consolidated text of relevant legislation and the PAAB Rules in one place
Subscribe and navigate real property assessments with agility today!
Highlights of the 2014 update
- new chapter on Equity, including valuation, classification, and exemption
- updated discussion of issues on stated case, including validity of the question asked and absence of BC Assessment staff at hearing
- updated discussions of First Nations jurisdiction
- updated PAABBC Rules, stated cases index, statistics, and regulations