Your guide to real estate development law, practice, and procedure
This publication is essential for: lawyers advising or representing developers or municipalities in real estate development matters.
Read a sample from the book!
Current to: February 1, 2019
To effectively serve developer and municipal clients, you need a strong command of the legal principles as well as an understanding of the real estate development process. With the British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, you have a concise guide to each phase of the development process, from land acquisition to financing and marketing the project, with discussion of the unique planning and regulatory environment in the City of Vancouver, and considerations for development on First Nations lands.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the real estate development process in the context of current legal developments to effectively serve your clients
- save time searching for Vancouver-specific real estate development procedures and regulations
- quickly access a collection of over 70 real estate development forms and precedents
Buy today and take your real estate development practice to the next level!
“CLEBC’s Real Estate Development Practice Manual is a great resource for finding answers to many development questions in BC. It goes beyond simply citing the relevant statute and provides practical solutions for a wide range of development challenges.” – Edward L. Wilson, Partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
Highlights of the 2019 Update
- legislative amendments requiring reporting of assignments of pre-sale purchase agreements
- Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register
- Superintendent’s Policy Statement 16 requiring additional disclosure
- BCSC interpretation of materiality under REDMA disclosure requirements
- ban on dual agency of real estate licensees and disclosure requirement to unrepresented parties
- new and changed taxation matters: additional PTT, B.C. Speculation and Vacancy Tax, Vancouver Vacancy (Empty Homes) Tax
- Land Owner Transparency Act White Paper and proposed Beneficial Ownership Registry
- residential rental tenure provisions in Local Government Act and non-conforming forms of tenure
- new B.C. Building Code, regulatory repeal making ineffective bylaws that create building standards for matters it governs
- repeal and replacement of regulatory provisions regarding cultivation of cannabis within ALR
- City of Vancouver Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- B.C. Community Amenity Contributions guide
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn