Click here to read a sample from the book!
Discovery: Your key to reaching settlement or gaining an edge at trial
This publication is essential for: all lawyers using the BC Supreme Court discovery procedures in a case.
Current to: January 15, 2019
The tools of discovery are powerful with the potential to strengthen your case and weaken the other party’s. With Discovery Practice in British Columbia, you have access to analysis of the latest case law and practice tips for all discovery tools including document discovery, examination for discovery, pre-trial examination of a witness, interrogatories, and more. Scripts on making and defending objections, checklists, and hundreds of sample forms help you to use discovery procedures to effectively build your case.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- determine strategic approaches for obtaining and giving document production
- ask the right questions and make effective objections at examinations for discovery
- assert and attack privilege claims
- skillfully use discovery evidence at trial
Buy today and master the tools of discovery!
Highlights of the 2019 update
The 2019 Update to Discovery Practice in British Columbia includes the most significant decisions from the BC Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, including judicial commentary on, among others, the following topics:
- Limits on parties’ ability to discover individuals adverse in interest
- Circumstances where a subsequent examination under Rule 7-6(2) is appropriate
- The use that can be made of a party’s own examination for discovery transcript, or a non-party’s examination for discovery transcript, at trial
- Applications for production of documents brought close to trial