Draft common chambers orders with ease
This publication is essential for: lawyers and legal support staff who draft BC Supreme Court orders.
Read a sample from the book!
Current to: November 1, 2018
Careful preparation for a chambers application is essential to your case. Supreme Court Chambers Orders—Annotated, prepared by members of the Bench, Bar, and Court Registry, offers you a collection of over 80 sample chambers orders. This manual includes the text of the Supreme Court Civil Rule or section of the Act on which the application is based, what you need to include in the notice of application and supporting material, and case authority for the application.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- draft chambers applications that will get you the order you want
- save time drafting routine chambers orders
- reduce the number of times your chambers orders are rejected or reviewed by the court registry
Buy today and build your collection of sample chambers orders!
Highlights of the 2019 update:
- new annotated orders:
- Sample Strata Property Act Order—Order for Judgment—Conduct of Sale
- Sample Strata Property Act Order—Order for Sale and Payout to Strata Corporation
- Sample Presumption of Death Act Order—Order Declaring Presumption of Death
- Sample Subpoena (Interprovincial) Act Order—Receiving and Adopting a Subpoena from a Reciprocating Province
- revised annotations with BCCA and BCSC case law, such as:
- Swiss Reinsurance Company v. Camarin Limited (2018 BCCA case on amendment of pleadings)
- Tran v. Abbott (2018 BCCA case on subsequent independent medical examination)
- Kriegman v. Dill (2018 BCCA case on foreign judgment registration)
- updated “Jurisdiction of the Master” table
- updated Administrative Notices and Practice Directions
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn