Click here to read a sample from the book!
Everything you need to know about motor vehicle accident claims in BC
This publication is essential for: all lawyers with motor vehicle accident claims files.
Current to: March 1, 2018
Advising your client on motor vehicle accident claims requires in-depth knowledge of BC’s legislative scheme. Let the BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual be your guide through the many complex issues that frequently arise. Often referred to by eminent counsel as the “go-to” resource for researching the extensive range of legal and practice issues that arise, this resource offers you clear and succinct analysis of key issues, discussion of leading cases, practice points, checklists and over 60 sample forms.
“The BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual is an indispensable resource I use nearly every day. The online version lets you browse and search the whole manual quickly and easily, with links to the cases cited. This manual keeps me updated on recent case law and practice developments. It is my ‘partner in practice’ and my go-to resource for everything I need to know about personal injury litigation in BC.” – Michael Slater, QC, Slater Vecchio LLP
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the intricacies of the Insurance (Vehicle) Act and Regulation and the legal principles that apply to your case
- get to the leading cases you need for your client’s case
- access quickly over 60 of the most commonly used sample forms
Buy today and be well prepared to advise your clients with motor vehicle accident claims!
Highlights of the 2018 update
- discussion of significant BC Court of Appeal and BC Supreme Court decisions over the past year
- decisions on damages, including apportionment of damages where injuries are indivisible, punitive damages, mitigation, and future care costs
- discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision on damages for nervous shock and evidence required to prove psychological injury
- developments regarding discovery including privilege, further independent medical examinations, and discovery obligations
- recent cases considering when an offer to settle will support an award of double costs, and whether an award of special costs is warranted
- legislative updates, and revised forms and precedents
CLEBC Legal Editor