The knowledge to successfully launch your litigation career
Friday, May 3, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vancouver Location TBA
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Junior litigators
Learning level: Fundamental
Are great litigators born or made? While natural ability and aptitude will get a young lawyer like you off to a good start, it’s not always enough. You need hard work and guidance—the right kind of guidance. First held in 2017, this is the second edition of our rave-reviewed course featuring a comprehensive review of the key elements of what it takes to excel as a junior litigator. You will learn about personal temperament, work ethic, writing, trial preparation, and trial advocacy. Let our panel of jurists and senior counsel be your team of mentors for an intensive day of learning on “how to be a great litigation junior.”
After taking this course, you will:
- understand the skills and traits that senior counsel seek in a junior
- be in a position to avoid some of the hard lessons that junior litigators typically face
- ramp up your writing skills—a critical tool for all lawyers
- know what judges want to see from counsel, so you can be more effective in court
- understand what you need to do to become a better advocate
Join us and build a strong litigation foundation today!
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Joel Morris — Harper Grey LLP, Vancouver
Register by April 5/19
After April 5/19
|Webinar Articled Student
|In Person Articled Student*
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $179 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*