Understand the thoughts, behaviours, and emotions in the case
Thursday and Friday, April 11 and 12, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (both days)
Vancouver Location TBA
or attend via webinar
Click on the course links to register for either Day 1 or Day 2.
Who should attend: All professionals involved in family breakdown, including lawyers, judges, mental health professionals, mediators, and arbitrators.
Learning level: All levels
This is the two-day update to our acclaimed program, Assessments and Interventions: The Intersection of Family Law and Psychology. As in 2016, this course is taught by a multidisciplinary faculty of expert psychologists, clinical counsellors, lawyers and judges, who will provide insights and practical guidance on the challenging intersections of law and psychology in family law disputes.
Day One will feature a discussion of:
- high conflict family law disputes
- the neurobiological effect of conflict on children’s development
- issues relating to attachment
- creating appropriate parenting plans
Day Two will include an in-depth discussion of:
- parenting assessments
- new research on children’s experience of separation and wish to be included in decision-making after separation
- important intersectional issues and cultural competence in family law, including the impact of culture, socioeconomic status, and domestic violence on decision-making
Join us and gain a better understanding of your clients’ and their children’s needs.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 12 hours (a minimum of 2 hours pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
John-Paul E. Boyd — John-Paul Boyd Arbitration Chambers, Vancouver and Calgary
Alyson Jones — Alyson Jones & Associates, West Vancouver
Morag M.J. MacLeod, QC — Barrister & Solicitor, Vancouver
Register by March 14/19
After March 14/19
|Webinar Articled Student
|In Person Articled Student*
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included both days.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $319 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes an articled student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*